1 x large sweet potato
1 x medium red onion
1 x medium courgette
2 x medium parsnips
1 x garlic bulb
1/2 x tbsp fresh thyme
1 x tbsp (heaped) of coconut oil
Salt and pepper to tast
- Wash all vegetables and cut sweet potato, courgette, parsnips and onion into medium size pieces
- Place cut vegetables in a bowl and smother with coconut oil, mix with hands if needed – also, if vegetables are organic the skin can be left on.
- Transfer vegetables to the baking tray and sprinkle on the thyme evenly.
- Roast vegetables until they are soft – around 40 mins, 180 degrees C.
- Peel away garlic skin to reveal the pieces of garlic
Enjoy vegetables with a side salad and balsamic dressing plus salt & pepper to taste. I like to dollop some houmous on the side too. Other vegetables could include: asparagus, butternut squash, baby leeks, tomatoes, aubergine, beetroot, carrot, cauliflower and broccoli.